It’s tough to stay inside when the weather finally warms up! I we do try to stay in the house, I feel like I’m competing with something I’ll never overcome. The kids are distracted. Every bird that flies past the window grabs their attention. It’s crazy. So, during the spring and summer months I always try to incorporate something fun to make them still want to “keep their head in the game.”
1) Don’t fight ‘em – join em… we are now studying birds. Since, the birds are so interesting and they can’t keep their eyes off them- I think we will study them. I’ve got the Apologia science book about flying creatures and we have several bird guides for our state.
2) Incorporate outside time into your daily curriculum. Some people find that reading is an easy subject to work into the outdoors. It works great for us – we have several comfy outdoor chairs and the kids find a cozy spot and get to it!
3) Use Homeschool Spring Resources – I love to pin ideas on pinterest and then get back to them when I have time.
4) Homeschool Elementary can be so much fun when you add a course or two that the kids CHOOSE!
5) Take time to do some outdoor physical education. This counts as part of your homeschooling as well!