Unfortunately our brains don’t stop once summer hits. Yet, who wants to work hard at learning – especially when there are so many fun things to do? Well, to be honest… I don’t. I’d rather sit by the pool and enjoy my summer… but I know… I know… we can’t let our brains (or our kid’s brains) atrophy. BUT – we gotta do it without stress.
Here are our favorite no -stress summer learning ideas!
- Need inspiration for learning – go to the king of inspiration – Pinterest!
- Find some great summer reading for middle schoolers and elementary age kiddos here!
- Choose an online summer school alternative!
- Bring a writing teacher along on your summer vacation!
- Get your kids hooked on a summer science program!
- Find great summer ideas for your homeschool highschooler.
- Have a garden? Use it as a learning tool – summer learning in the garden.
- How about a whole pinterest board on great books for summer reading?
- If “free” is your thing – check out free summer ideas for kids.
- Or – just break down and allow them to play computer games – but don’t tell them they’re learning games!